Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Pughs Save The World

Okay, okay...so I exaggerate a little. The other day while talking to a neighbour I learned that a fellow was swimming the North Pole to raise awareness of how bad global warming really is. Like we needed that--I mean, here on the prairies in the sweltering heat of this summer, I think we can all agree that global warming is bad. Anyways, I tucked that little tidbit in my 'to wikipedia' pocket and guess what? The guy's name is Lewis Gordon Pugh. Yes, you heard right. He is a full fledged member of Pughville. And, the strangest thing is, Bob's great grandfather was Lewis Pugh. Hmmm...makes you think. Anyways, thought I'd mention it to you all and give you the link to his website so you can see that us Pugh's really are saving the world! One polar swim at a time ;)

www.lewispugh.com

No comments: